Unhappily Ever After, October 2016


In October 2016, I decided to try my hand at as close to an original story as I could whilst still keeping the fairytale theme alive. I have always been fascinated by villains and so decided it might be a good plotline to think about what would have happened if the villains had won, and evil had prevailed. So, I set to creating. Alongside a friend, who created the character of Prince Aiden (and played him in the final show) I came up with 'Unhappily Ever After'. The play was popular and everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

What would have happened if the fairytale villains had won? It is 5 years since the Evil Queen, Valborga, succeeded in placing Snow White under the sleeping curse. Much has changed in the lands of Perrault and Grimmenvald. The Prince has vanished, unable to rescue Snow White. Valborga has been terrorising the villages and neighbouring kingdoms, taking, with force, what she believes to be hers by right, alongside her sister, the Sea Witch, Dorea. All hope seems lost. But now, something has changed. A small group of outlaws - the Band of the Red Apple, led by Robin Hood with his friends Puss-in-Boots, Jack the Giantslayer and other heroes of legend - have come together to overthrow the Evil Queen, find the Prince and rescue Snow White with true loves kiss, restoring happy endings once more to the lands. 
A family show, suitable for a cast size of 13 to 19 people, with twists and turns along the way.

Originally performed in October 2016 at Workington Theatre Royal by Second Star Youth Theatre. 













Comments